Ocean observation: European Commission launches public consultation (open until 19 February 2021)
Ocean observation is essential for the knowledge base of the EU Green Deal. Data are collected by different authorities for different purposes. This initiative aims to achieve a common EU approach for measuring once and using the data for many purposes.
- joint planning of observation activities
- a framework for collaboration on a national and EU scale.
The European Commission launched a public consultation to gather opinions on the effectiveness, efficiency and fitness for purpose of ocean observation by the EU and its member states.
The objectives of this consultation are to:
- collect facts, views and opinions on current bottlenecks in ocean observation and options and preferences for resolving them;
- ensure all voices are heard with adequate representation of all stakeholder groups – private industry, public authorities, civil society, research;
- gather further information, including roadmaps, policy briefs, studies and analysis of policies, actions and technologies.
Have your say in this consultation by 19 February 2021. Please find more details about this initiative on the European Commission website.
You can contribute to this consultation by filling in the online questionnaire.