Open Sea Lab II: The film, the report, the future
We are delighted to announce the release of the film and report of Open Sea Lab II! We hope that these outputs reflect the openness, creativity and dynamism of this three-day, deep-dive into open marine data.
Open Sea Lab has captured the imagination of a diverse crowd in a way that few events in the marine data world can. It has provided an opportunity for those interested in developing innovative blue solutions to learn, to teach, to network and to create. The webcast of the teams’ pitches will give you some flavour of the ideas and prototypes developed by the participants (see http://www.opensealab.eu/) during the three days of open data bootcamp.
But the creativity does not have to stop there, the wealth of resources (data, products, services, tutorials) provided by EMODnet, CMEMS, ICES and Global Fishing Watch at this year’s Open Sea Lab are all available at http://www.opensealab.eu/data2019.
So until Open Sea Lab III provides another opportunity to come together and develop even better ideas and solutions, we invite you to explore these resources and see what you can create; for your work, your business, your study or even just for fun. They are open, free and there for you to use. We ask only that you tell us what you can (or can’t) do with open marine data. And remember, ‘sharing is caring’, so spread the word!
- Experience the energy of Open Sea Lab II in the short OSLII Film and find out what it was really all about in the OSLII report
- See all the pitches and the speakers' presentations in the webcasts http://www.opensealab.eu/stream
- Speakers' presentations are also available in the programme http://www.opensealab.eu/programme2019
- Codes from some of the winning teams are available on GitHub https://github.com/EMODnet
- Teams information can be found on the participants page http://www.opensealab.eu/participants
- The Open Sea Lab hackathon package is available here http://www.opensealab.eu/data2019
On behalf of all the organisers, we would like to extend a huge thank you to all who participated in this year’s Open Sea Lab, as participants, coaches, speakers and co-organisers. Their enthusiasm made OSLII the success that it was!
This event was organised by the EMODnet Secretariat, in collaboration with VLIZ, Copernicus Marine and ICES, and with the contribution of imec and Marine @ UGent. Supported by the European Commission and VLIZ.