EMODnet Second Open Conference and Jamboree
Connecting Open Data, Delivering Marine Knowledge: A Vision for 2030
During this online event, EMODnet partners, data providers and users will connect across stakeholder communities and look ahead to help us design and implement EMODnet next phase to 2030 and beyond.
To start the week, the Open Conference (14-16 June 2021) will provide a unique opportunity to recognise and further develop existing and emerging partnerships, and to listen to marine data providers and users experiences and appreciation of the value of EMODnet data, data products and services, and what can be done further to optimise the user experience.
An EMODnet Jamboree with partners meetings of the 7 thematics and data ingestion, upon invitation, will take place on the 17 and 18 June 2021.
- Dates: 14-16 June 2021 (EMODnet Open Conference) / 17-18 June 2021 (EMODnet Jamboree, upon invitation)
- Format: Online event
- Pogramme: As well as plenary presentations, panels and breakout discussions, participants are invited to submit an abstract for an online poster, to be presented as a 1-minute pitch presentation in plenary sessions.
- Organisers: The EMODnet Secretariat, in collaboration with DG MARE and VLIZ.
As part of the second EMODnet Open Conference which took place on 14-16 June 2021, an online platform with a virtual exhibition showcases the diverse activities of EMODnet, resources and services, as well as those from related initiatives, including 55 community posters.
EMODnet welcomes the EMOD-network and wider community to submit abstracts for posters relating directly to EMODnet open access data, data products, applications and interoperability across data services, across the following themes:
- EMODnet contributors (data collection and ocean observation, data providers, data management initiatives and infrastructures, etc.);
- EMODnet for users (use cases of EMODnet data and data products by policy, research, industry, civil society, other);
- EMODnet for innovation (development of added value products and applications using EMODnet data and data products);
- EMODnet partnerships (collaboration with other services and stakeholders, and contribution to EU and global initiatives).
All posters should directly reference, and have a tangible link, with EMODnet e.g. as a data contributor, service provider, user, application, and/or partnership. You are invited to submit your abstract using the dedicated form by 12 April 2021 COB (CEST).
Once received, your abstract will be reviewed and validated by the co-organisers. All approved abstracts will need to produce an electronic poster which will be made available fully online for participants. In addition, each poster will submit a 1-minute pitch presentation, to be screened during plenary sessions. More information about the format of the digital poster and video will be provided by email once the abstract will be approved.
From 4 March 2021Pre-registration to the online conference
12 April 2021Deadline abstract submission
By 3 May 2021Notification on abstract acceptance
1 June 2021Deadline to submit your e-poster and 1-minute pitch videoOnce your abstract is approved
14-16 June 2021EMODnet Open Conference 2021