EMODnet resources for Mediterranean Sea-basin Stakeholders
The EMODnet Central Portal and thematic sub portals already provide a wealth of data and products that are relevant for users and stakeholders beyond the EU. This section provides an overview of relevant EMODnet resources covering Mediterranean sea-basin.
Observation and data resources from Horizon 2020 Projects with Mediterranean Sea coverage
EMODnet partners also participate in, and/or support, a range of European projects and initaitives aimed at improving marine observation activities and data collection, management and access to ensure collected observations/data are share and available openly to wide range of stakeholders from science, public sector, industry and civil society. Below are relevant project and associated resources with an Mediterranean remit.
- EU Open Data Portal, Catches in the Mediterranean https://data.europa.eu/euodp/en/data/dataset?q=mediterranean+Sea&ext_boolean=all&op=
- European Environment Agency, Mediterranean database: https://www.eea.europa.eu/data-and-maps/data/meddb
- Mediterranean Water Data portal http://medwis.semide.net/
- ADRIPLAN Data Portal http://catalogue.msp-supreme.eu/dataset/adriplan-data-portal
- Euro-Mediterranean Information System on know-how in the Water sector http://www.emwis.org/initiatives/fol060732/strategic-med-project-field-ict-harmonising-open-data-mediterranean-through
- BioFresh Projects, Global Mediterranean Macroinvertebrate Database http://project.freshwaterbiodiversity.eu/index.php/global-mediterranean-macroinvertebrate-database
- General Fisheries Commission for the Mediterranean (GFCM). Scientific Committee on Aquaculture (CAQ) through the Information System for the Promotion of Aquaculture in the Mediterranean (SIPAM). http://www.fao.org/gfcm/activities/aquaculture/sipam/en/
- EUMETNET, Observations – E-SURFMAR http://eumetnet.eu/activities/observations-programme/current-activities/e-surfmar/