EMODnet resources for Mediterranean Sea-basin Stakeholders
The EMODnet Central Portal and thematic sub portals already provide a wealth of data and products that are relevant for users and stakeholders beyond the EU. This section provides an overview of relevant EMODnet resources covering Mediterranean sea-basin.
Observation and data resources from Horizon 2020 Projects with Mediterranean Sea coverage
EMODnet partners also participate in, and/or support, a range of European projects and initaitives aimed at improving marine observation activities and data collection, management and access to ensure collected observations/data are share and available openly to wide range of stakeholders from science, public sector, industry and civil society. Below are relevant project and associated resources with an Mediterranean remit.
- ODYSSEA: Operating a network of integrated observatory systems in the Mediterranean Sea
ODYSSEA will develop, operate and demonstrate an interoperable and cost-effective platform that fully integrates networks of observing and forecasting systems across the Mediterranean basin, addressing both the open sea and the coastal zone. It will improve accessibility to existing data as well as increase the temporal and geographic coverage of observational data in the Mediterranean.
More information about ODYSSEA.
- BLUEMED: Coordination of marine and maritime research and innovation activities in the Mediterranean
BLUEMED is the research and innovation Initiative for promoting the blue economy in the Mediterranean Basin through cooperation. It is the strategy of reference for the Mediterranean countries to work together for a healthy, safe and productive Mediterranean Sea. The BLUEMED Initiative will contribute to the creation of new ‘blue’ jobs, social well-being and a sustainable growth in the marine and maritime sectors through the implementation of its Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda, the BLUEMED SRIA.
More information about BLUEMED.
- EU Open Data Portal, Catches in the Mediterranean
- European Environment Agency, Mediterranean database
- Mediterranean Water Data
- ADRIPLAN Data Portal
- Euro-Mediterranean Information System on know-how in the Water sector
- BioFresh Projects, Global Mediterranean Macroinvertebrate Database
- General Fisheries Commission for the Mediterranean (GFCM). Scientific Committee on Aquaculture (CAQ) through the Information System for the Promotion of Aquaculture in the Mediterranean (SIPAM).
- EUMETNET, Observations – E-SURFMAR